Sept. 2018 to Oct. 2018
Falcano is a flight Logging app designed to log and display your flight hours to graduate flight school successfully.
- Tech Stack: React, Django, PostgreSQL, Stripe
- Contributions: Implemented Stripe to gate premium features, debugged front-end to aggregate flight hours, CSS
- Website: falcano.app
|Mean Mean Coffee Bean||
Apr. 2019 to May 2019
Developed a mock ecommerce site to sell coffee beans in 2 weeks in a 2 person team
- Tech Stack: React, Axios, Java, Spring, Maven, MySQL, Bcrypt, and CSS.
- Contributions: Implemented Java backend, added OAuth2 encryption as well as Bcrypt to store hashed passwords, added security features to gate users from only being able to change their own data. Deployed server to Heroku.
- Website: meanmeancoffeebean.netlify.com
- Github: https://github.com/Derrick-Mei/java-shoppingcart
Feb. 2006 to Current
July 2008 to July 2018
- Led a team of 15 baristas daily to operate the shop and distribute workloads which resulted in increased job efficiency and productivity
- Made schematics for efficient ordering leading to decreased milk and food waste
Implemented routine training for all baristas to be self sufficient which led to a 40% increase in sales YoY while maintaining labor and material costs
- Launched high visibility stores and led basset training for wine sales
As a Software Developer, I enjoy applying my skills and knowledge of Full-Stack Web Development and Computer Science to build aesthetic and dynamic user interfaces that enhance productivity and provide a better online presence for companies.
Apr. 2018 to Current
|University of Illinois||
Aug. 2006 to May 2011