I'm a full stack software engineer excited about developing applications that make life easier. I primarily do front end development using React and Node, and am currently part of an Agile team creating web applications for major financial institutions.
|Associate Software Engineer||
Feb. 2018 to Current
Responsible for front end development of new web applications and maintenance of existing applications for major financial institutions. Primarily working with React and Node.
- Major contributor to a workflow based report generation tool for a financial company's internal and external reporting needs
- Worked closely with internal SQL and calculations teams to build full stack features
- Took on extra responsibilities while without a tech lead, including outlining story acceptance criteria, migrating applications to new technologies, answering questions from other teams and promoting code to production each sprint
- Improved quality of code by setting up automation testing with an internal tool, and unit testing with Jest and Enzyme
- Led the refactor of an old section of a web application to make it easier to maintain
Oct. 2014 to Aug. 2017
Responsible for developing new test procedures, creating test plans and testing lace and guide products to ensure they meet Boa internal requirements.
- Managed development of a new lifecycle test that reduced test time by 75%
- Developed and ran training sessions for test team on new lifecycle test procedure
July 2013 to Oct. 2014
Responsible for evaluating electrical products to determine compliance with applicable safety standards including ANSI, CSA, UL, EN and IEC.
- Conducted evaluations at client sites and communicated changes required to meet safety standards
- Prepared reports for clients to confirm their product met safety regulations
|Product Compliance Engineer||
Oct. 2011 to Dec. 2012
Responsible for ensuring health, safety and environmental (HSE) product compliance with North American requirements (UL, CSA, NEC, & OSHA), European Directives, IEC standards and Vestas internal requirements.
- Improved quality of risk assessments for installation documents that decreased accidents on the job
- Generated a comprehensive list of regulations for wind turbines that reduced time to define project requirements
|Chrysler Group LLC||
Auburn Hills, MI
|Vehicle Safety Engineer||
July 2010 to Oct. 2011
Responsible for full vehicle and component testing and validation to verify compliance with NHTSA regulations and US NCAP, IIHS, ECE, and Euro NCAP requirements.
- Played a key role in side impact vehicle safety development to exceed FMVSS injury criteria and improve 5-star safety performance rating in the US and Europe
- Presented vehicle safety test results to executive management and recommended strategies to improve performance
Rock climbing, skiing, hiking, backpacking, running, strategy board games, baking, traveling, photography