03/2020 - Current
Brand connecting users with design projects and sustainable products (handmade accessories and fine art products)
- Built responsive website in HTML5 which includes a portfolio of relevant design work for potential freelance clientele
- Offering freelance UX and design services which include research, branding, consultation, and end-to-end design for a variety of clients
- Maintaining consistency in clients messaging and aesthetic while delivering assets in a timely manner
- Sold out first capsule in 2 months utilizing Facebook/Instagram ads with .7% conversion rate (November 2020)
|Product Design Intern|
|The Pill Club||
06/2021 - 08/2021
San Francisco, CA
Using Figma and Adobe Creative Suite, rapidly delivered user-flows, medium to high fidelity prototypes, wireframes, a new design system component, and presentations for a tele-health medical startup
- Spearheaded independent and collaborative projects with the primary product team and routinely met with key stakeholders such as brand, marketing, content writers, and engineer teams for feedback
- Projects include the development of a new roadmap feature built to resolve critical pain points in the onboarding experience, the creation of wireframes and a prototype for the onboarding flow of a new product with interstitial pages after close evaluation of the design system and brand identity, and a re-design of the "create account" flow for A/B testing with the goal of increasing conversion and awareness of the company’s products
|UX and Graphic Design Lead|
09/2020 - 03/2021
- Desired to learn UX best practices and methods through workshops led by UX industry professionals and attended weekly lectures.
- Completed assignments in Figma to master prototyping, human centered design conventions, audience research, and design thinking.
- Worked with a SWE student and VC student as part of capstone project. Independently created brand identity, design system, unique iconography, and a rapid interactive prototype for an innovative education technology application.
- Presented product in a pitch competition to investors, selected to participate in final round.
03/2018 - 09/2020
- Determine causes of operating errors and took necessary action.
- Maintained knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Alleviated the pressure of busy cycling seasons within a team-player oriented mechanic space
- Built new bikes for sale, assisted in customer repairs, and completed sales with customers
- Improved prospect to sale process by serving as both sales and service customer representative
02/2022 - 05/2022
Identified challenges faced by artists in mobile environments as part of Wellesley CS 320 course
- Configured Arduino and Adafruit components to create a MVP tangible user interface which converts analog painting into digital "light art"
- Selected to present "Works in progress" at ChiWork 22 Symposium on Human-Computer Interaction for Work
|UX/UI Lead, ChatCheck Team||
04/2021 - 05/2021
- Accelerated 4-week Human-Computer Interaction course at Wellesley
- Applied knowledge of human-centered design, design thinking, and research frameworks
- Prototyped wireframes, developed brand guidelines such as typography and color palette, and conducted usability testing for a messaging app that checks credibility to curb the spread of misinformation
02/2020 - 06/2020
- Developed a public online identity based in research of industry best practices and competitive analysis
- Designed a website in WordPress with unique iconography and logo using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Successfully adapted visually appropriate assets upon receiving feedback during weekly meetings
- Co-wrote and presented talk for TEDx event at Jones College Prep
- Discussed the connections between Chicago's structures of anti-blackness and funding hierarchies in public school systems
|Black Transport Project (BTP)||
06/2020 - Current
- Started an initiative of fixing donated used bikes and distributing them to the Chicago Black transgender community
- Responsibilities include collecting used bikes from the public, fixing them, fundraising to buy parts and accessories, and finding recipients through digital marketing
- Designed marketing materials and logo for the initiative using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and After Effects
- 3 years in a row, a total of 65 bikes have been given away with new helmets and locks
|Youth for Black Lives||
06/2016 - 09/2020
- Created unique publicity materials, logo, and web design to improve outreach and reputation as an organization
- Manages financial documentation, budgeting, and communication with the fiscal sponsor
- Spearheaded the organization of "Blackstone Summer" event in 2018 and 2019 in collaboration with Experimental Station. Over 400 community members attended and accessed the free food and school supplies provided
Organized several local protests, hosted an annual On the Table event, sponsored by the Chicago Community Trust and featured as a speaker for the Chicago Women’s March (2017)