A software developer coming from a background in nonprofit management and education, I am resourceful with finding solutions through knowledge, skill, intellect, teamwork and communication. As a recent Dev Bootcamp graduate, my goals include contributing to open source projects, becoming a leader in the Chicago tech community, and speaking regularly at conferences.
The mobile-first app helps users find information on registering to vote, polling location, candidates, and upcoming elections. My team used Rails, Foundation, Ajax, Google Map API, Nokogiri and Watir to create the app in 7 days.
Speaker, Windy City Rails||
Teaching Assistant (volunteer), Girl Develop It||
Program Coordinator, American College of Surgeons||
Aug 2012 - Sep 2015
- Managed a portfolio of hospitals (50+) to facilitate all steps of the accreditation process, from initial application to full accreditation.
- Reviewed all application materials to ensure eligibility and compliance with accreditation standards prior to committee and on-site reviews.
- Communicated program deficiencies and requests for additional supporting documentation between hospital staff and reviewers.
- Produced the process manual for the website analytics reports, mass email, social media, and website updating process.
- Developed and launched the program's website with the internal IT team and again with the relaunch of the organization's site.
Temporary Program Coordinator, Loftus & O'Meara Staffing||
Mar 2012 - Aug 2012
- Managed the transition of 600+ centers under our administration with access to clinical databases.
- Analyzed administrative data for updates and to identify issues needing resolution from leadership.
- Responded to 50-100 emails daily regarding program questions and troubleshoot technical questions on the web portal.
- Trained team members to assist in email response and utilize the mass email program by formatting and analysing the contact data for messaging
Teacher, The American International School of Monrovia||
Jan 2008 - Jun 2011
- Developed and implemented the curriculum for the middle school Social Studies and Art classes.
- Directed a school-wide, Olympic-styled event lasting the last two weeks of school and incorporating sports, academics, and team games
- Published the annual yearbook including photography, layout, editing, publishing and financing.
- Managed the accreditation process and documentation for the school according to US standards.
- Initiated, developed the school website and parent emailing system.