|Public Trust · FDA Badged||
2018 to Current
|Florida Atlantic University||
|NRSA Fellowship · NIH||
T32 - Training program at JHMI Biomedical Engineering Department
|Booz | Allen | Hamilton||
|Associate Data Scientist||
Strategic Innovation Group (SIG) Data Analytics Team under Lauren Neal and Catherine Ordun.
Technical Lead - Lead a small team of data engineers, data scientists and front-end developers in the creation of a dynamic and predictive tool that allows for analysis and visualization of complex policy environments.
- Analysis of text data for labeling and extracting structured information from a variety of US government policy documents to reveal relationships and insights based on content.
Assisted with budgeting, algorithm design, staffing. Requisition of cloud environments (AWS and Elastic Cloud). Oversight of tasks (Agile).
- Design, acquisition of data, natural language processing (NLP) and graph analyses to glean insights from unstructured text data.
- Indexed the data in Elastic Search and created a demo dashboard in Kibana for users to interact with data.
Technical Lead - Collaborated with the FDA Office of the Commissioner to develop and apply natural language processing (NLP) and other algorithms to detect adverse events using the unstructured 'notes' of the MIMIC III database containing electronic health records (EHR).
- Collaboration with clients on: experimental design, analysis, writing and presentation of academic posters and papers, software selection/install.
- Experimental Design, Equipment Selection, Risks, IRB approval, and Data Analysis.
|Bard Early College Baltimore||
2015 to 2017
|Science & Technology Faculty||
- Courses Taught: College Biology, Introduction to Computer Science, Foundations of Technology, College Statistics, and Survey of Music. Trained faculty and staff to proctor and administer state/national exams.
|Johns Hopkins School of Medicine||
2011 to 2015
Music and Auditory Perception Lab department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery.
7 peer-reviewed publications using non-linear signal processing of auditory stimuli and neuroanatomy.
- Complex technical setup (audio equipment, MRI, soundproof booths) and stimulus creation for human cognitive and behavioral studies.
|Metis - TA||
May 2019 to Current
Teaching assistant for the Live Online Beginner Python and Math for Data Science courses. www.thisismetis.com
|GTKcyber - Trainer||
|August 2018, 2019|
Two day course on Applied Data Science for Security Professionals at BlackHat 2018 and 2019. www.GTKcyber.com
|Devfest DC 2019 - Speaker||
Advancing your NLP with Elasticsearch.
|Women in Data Science - Booz Allen Hamilton||
Workshop on building a TED talk recommender using topic modeling (Latent Dirichlet Allocation) and visualization (tSNE).
|Women-led Biodata Science Hackathon||
Hosted by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI). Our team obtained data and built pipelines to add 2 new annotators to OpenCRAVAT - a python package that performs genomic variant interpretation. https://github.com/NCBI-Hackathons/Expanding-OpenCRAVAT
|Data Science Bootcamp - Metis||
Aug. 2017 to Dec. 2017
12 week intensive accredited bootcamp focused on enhancing data science skills. 5 projects: Python, tools for data acquisition (web scraping/APIs), data management, statistics, machine learning, natural language processing, and visualization.
Classified sounds from cats and dogs (audio wav files) using time-frequency analysis, dimensionality reduction (PCA) and supervised classification models. Featured in Data Science Weekly November 16, 2017. www.summerrankin.com/dogandponyshow/2017/10/16/catdog-bd3gt