|Lead Gameplay Engineer||
Jan. 2019 to Current
|Project Lead Developer||
Jan. 2013 to Mar. 2016
Hovercraft Prototype game using real world formulas to create and exciting strategic, racing game.
Unreal | C++ | Blueprints | Blender | GIT
- Worked on a team of 4 to deliver a well-rounded prototype with in 1 year.
- Worked with a combination of blueprints (a C++ node based visual language) and C++
- Used waterfall method, we mounted issues, features, and bugs, assigned in a biweekly "sprint"
- Released monthly demos to our alpha testers for download using a custom auto download script (bash).
- Final Product included 3 maps, checkpoint System, and personal best time tracker for each map.
- Designed Created, Maintained hovercraft using real world physics with custom correctional scripts
- Used physics to create a stabilization algorithm which predicted the deviations in the surface
- Created air resistance algorithm using real world formula based on the rotation of the craft to its velocity.
- Added "Hover Force" to resit the acceleration of gravity as it detected the ground.
- Adapted formulas to omnidirectional gravity that could change at any time.
- Created Trees using Tree it, importing, creating custom shaders, and placement in would.
- Used sequencer to create animation to be used as promotional material.
- Created Checkpoint system which allowed for multiple checkpoints of the same Id, for multipath design.
- Created, Maintained and Trained people on Unreal's multiplayer system to future proof our product.
Personal Project Creating a continental level random map generator using voronoi graphs.
- Used a technical document on map generation worked to create similar result in Unity.
- Created adapted and modified formulas to create a less island based generation
- Created a "rainfall" algorithm to predict how rivers and lakes form
- Created coastal degradation algorithm allowing island to continental to archipelago outputs
- Added Multithreading for generation with organized options for various optional parameters
- Created custom pixel level draw functions to draw all N-gon style shapes.
- Converted code from C# to canvas for web viewing
Added features to help optimize and improve the flexibility to editor creating more flexibility.
Tesseract: Cube Engine | C++ | GLSL | OpenGL | SDL | Bullet Physics Engine | GIT
- Worked with other community members to create a better level editor
- Worked with code for bullet engine integration debugging and fixing mathematical problems.
- Removed default doom 2 style planar physics to allow for Bullets full axis Physics.
- Removed old world editor code converting from C style COP to OOP
- Added Angel Script to engine integrating into the current CLI
- Updated the world editor to allow each "Node" to have a set of Angel Script Class data with standard update render init and awake, event functions.
- Added various math, physics, and basic engine functionality for use in script.
- Created a Serializer which captured the world at a state and saved it in an index style byte buffer, creating a structured Tree of class and data store for each "Node" for saving game states and map level saves.
- Added code to allow users to create Multiple Octotree vertex array lists allowing for multiple editable meshes on the same map.