Web Development Intern - Tulip Interfaces||
May 2017 - Aug 2017
- Designed a manufacturing calendar app in React/Redux that allowed users to input details regarding their working week, which is now used by all customers.
Automation Engineering Intern - Cooper Tire and Rubber Co.||
Jun 2016 - Aug 2016
- Developed novel rubber testing devices as part of company's next-gen materials group.
- Completely automated previously painstaking and time intensive calibration scripts using Matlab's Computer Vision Platform.
- Optimized image processing code used in tire performance testing to be 10x faster using parallelism and vectorization.
Software Engineering Intern - Remote Automation Solutions||
Jan 2015 - Jul 2015
- Designed report generation feature for the SCADA Oil and Gas Monitor device's C# user interface.
- Introduced first unit-tests to legacy code base.
- Learned in-depth testing, debugging, and enterprise-level software design skills.
Research Intern - Materials Science Theory Group, BU||
Jun 2013 - Aug 2013
- Contributed to lab's paper on high-efficiency organic solar panels.
- Ran large bash simulations in Fortran to simulate the electromechanical properties of organic semiconductors containing Flourine.
- Wrote a bash script to automate data post-processing, reducing a 2 hour process to 5 minutes.
|Git Commit Visualizer||
Jun 2017 - Jul 2017
- Developed novel visualization technique for git commits using Python's Matplotlib package
- Originally used for internal presentation at Tulip; code is now open source.
|Dot Matrix Roomba Printer||
Mar 2017 - Apr 2017
- Draws large images on canvas using a hacked Roomba vacuum cleaner with a 3D printed pen attachment.
- Wrote the ROS Python backend which translates an image into coordinates and then movement instructions.
Feb 2016 - May 2016
- Hackathon project that finds summaries of books online and then summarizes those summaries to form ultra-summaries.
- Wrote the entire Python web scraping back-end that searched Wikipedia and Sparknotes for summaries of books.