Use a recursive algorithm and HTTP calls to pull in all comments from a passed Reddit URL and return as array of hashes.
Oauth engine/plugin gem, authenticating users through Dribbble, with no dependencies.
Jekyll site aggregating web development resources for students new to programming.
A seed application for starting a new Jekyll site, including project structure and asset management with Grunt.
Curious, focused, organized, happy. Full-stack developer building maintainable, compassionate, user-driven applications. If you need self-starters who don't need hand-holding, who are coachable, take initiative, and thrive on ownership, you're speaking my language and I'd like to learn yours.
|Engineering Team Lead | The Bacon||
Aug 2017 to Current
- Support and manage a fully remote developer team. Plan and manage sprints, sprint planning meetings and standups, support junior developers, manage code reviews and releases of pull requests, including all front-end pull requests. Source and interview team members. Continue to write code as an individual contributor.
- Manage project efforts across business needs, developers, and QA to flow projects from conception to completion.
|Web Developer | The Bacon||
Oct 2016 to Current
Lead on front-end projects. Involved in every aspect of the stack, manage and deliver projects, hunt bugs, meet feature requests. In this 11-member startup, work closely with all members to identify issues, features, and updates. No project too large, too small, too old, or too new.
1000+ commits, 6M+ lines of code committed (5M+ removed!). Built our custom Jekyll blog. Pitched and led a schema redesign project scoped at 400+ files.
|Software Engineer Contractor | FundRx||
Aug 2017 to Sep 2017, Aug 2017 to Sep 2017
- Work closely with team members to meet bug and feature requests. Rebuilt several processes for internal and external users.
|Instructor and Mentor||
Sep 2016 to Nov 2017
Dev Bootcamp: Ran seminars, provided technical mentorship. Sept '16 - Nov '17
- Codecademy Ready: Remotely ran seminars, provided technical mentorship. Oct '16 - Jan '17
|Software Development Contractor | MarryMapp||
Jul 2016 to Sep 2016
Worked on beta product with CEO and senior developers. Tickets touched the UI, API, and database. Met bug and feature requests, wrote documentation, integrated libraries.
- AngelHack NYC: Won "Best Use of Haven OnDemand's API" with team · Jun 2016
Speaker, Instructor, and Panelist
- RubyRemoteConf speaker, "Enter By Bootcamp" · Jun 2016
- Rails Camp at the United Nations in NYC speaker, "Avoiding N+1 Errors" · Jul 2016
- WindyCityRails in Chicago speaker, "Enter By Bootcamp" · Sept 2016
- Women Who Code Meetup in NYC, teacher and speaker at multiple events · 2016 - 2017
- Dev Bootcamp event organizer, panelist, speaker, and instructor at multiple events · 2016 - 2017
- NYC.rb Meetup speaker, "Avoiding N+1 Errors with Rails" · Oct 2016
- NYU Startup Week at DropBox in NYC speaker, "Introduction to Ruby and Rails" · Nov 2016
Girl Develop It panelist, "A Day in the Life of an Engineer" · Oct 2017